The term Transformation is generally referred to as converting a graphic into another graphic by applying some rules or algorithms. Sometimes an image or picture can be a combination of lines, rectangle, circle, and triangle. If we draw the basic and combination of pictures, then there should be a need to transform these images. Now we can perform the following actions to transform the images-
- We can change the position of an image.
- We can increase or decrease the size of an image.
- We can change the angle of the image.
By using the above actions, we will find a new image; this process is called Transformation. We can use some algorithms to produce new pictures.
The object transformation includes two important points-
- Geometric Transformation: When we are moving the picture, and the background is fixed, then it is a Geometric Transformation.
- Coordinate Transformation: When we are moving the background, and the picture is fixed, then it is Coordinate Transformation.
Types of Transformation
There are two basic kinds of Translation.
“When we translate, rotate, and scale object in the two-dimensional plane, then it is called a Two-Dimensional Transformation.” A two-dimensional plane consists of the x and y-axis.
The Two-Dimensional Transformation includes-
- 2D Translation: “Translation is a mechanism used to move the object from one position to another position on the screen.”
- 2D Rotation: “Rotation is a process used to rotate the object from origin to a particular angle.”
- 2D Scaling: “Scaling is a process or technique used to resize the object in two-dimensional plane.”
- 2D Reflection: “Reflection is a mechanism or process in which we can rotate the object at the angle of 180°”.
- 2D Shearing: “Shearing is a process that is used to perform slanting on the object.” It is also called “Skewing.”